Printers are having two types one is impact printer and the other one is non-impact printers. Here in this article we are going to discuss about the non-impact printers. Non-impact printers are those which do not make use of striking device for producing the characters on the paper. This type of printers is also not much noisy as they do not hammer against the paper. They are comparatively quieter. Here are some of the non-impacted printers.
The working of ink jet printers is same as the dot matrix printer. It forms images and the characters with little dots just like the dot matrix printers. The drops are formed out of the tiny drops of the ink. The characters of ink jet printers is formed out by spraying ink on the paper through small nozzles with the help of electrical field which arranges the charges ink particles in the form of characters. It is arranged at the speed of 250 characters per second. The paper absorbs the ink immediately and makes it dry instantly. Colorful inks are also used. If there is more than one nozzle in the print then also you can find the steady stream of ink drops. These ink droplets are electrically charged after leaving the nozzle. After that the droplets are guided to the paper by charged plates. If there is any droplet which is not needed for creating any image or character, it can be recycled back to its input nozzle.
The working of a laser printer is just like a photocopy machine. Image is produced on a laser printer by directing a laser beam in front of the mirror and that mirror bounce the beam back on the drum. The drum possesses a special coating on it and because of it, the toner sticks onto it. By using the pattern of small dots, information is conveyed from the computer by these laser beams to a drum which is positively charged and become neutralized. The areas of the drum which has become neutralized, the toner starts to detach. As the drum starts rolling the paper, toner gets transferred to the paper by printing the letters and the other images on the paper. The toner is bonded on the paper by a hot roller.
Advantage of laser printer
- Most attractive advantage of laser printer is that it is really speedy and efficient.
- It gives really high quality text and graphics
- As compared to other printers, laser printer high qualitative outputs.
- Laser printers are really silent type and don’t embarrass with the annoying noise.
- Laser printers also possess the capacity to produce color prints.
Disadvantage of laser printer
The biggest drawback of laser printer is its cost.
- As compared to other printers, laser printers are highly costly.
- It also has high cost of maintenance, repair, and service charges as compared to other printers.
- Laser printer emits out small portion of ozone which can be dangerous to atmosphere and health.