In order to take on an environmentally friendly life style it is highly recommended that you pay special attention towards to green gadgets which will help you to save energy and money especially if you are crazy about latest gadget technology and design.
Those who are eager to browse new technologies will observe that professional designers and technicians are willingly contributing in the direction of green activism. However some of these green gadgets are quite expensive pieces. One can learn of how to save energy with few basic guidelines.
• Green gadgets have low power ingredients, which are easily recycled & made use for different purposes.
• Purchasing those kinds of gadgets which are environment-eco-friendly. They are easily reused or already been recycled previously.
• Huge selection criteria of green gadgets are available now in stores which are healthy to use, without emanating harmful elements.
Some of the green gadgets are subwoofers, Illumi charger, solar powered Mp3 player, solar power motion detector etc.
Computers play a vital role in our lives. Today energy, costs and waste are accelerating dramatically. Consider some basic guidelines as an environment saver initiative- Going green.
To tune your desktop computers in energy saving mode you need to reset some of the functions.
• Now a day computers have a facility of adjusting into low power function automatically when they are not is use.
• Intent to buy flat screen monitors they considerably use less energy.
• Choose murky backgrounds for monitor display, bright colour consume more power.
• Plan your computer work such that you can do all in one occasion, so that other time your PC remains off.
• Empower sleep mode/stand by setting on your computer.
• Turn off your computer when it is not in use, rather than swapping it to screensaver.
• When it is about showing concern on environment, read your emails, documents etc. online rather than printing them.
• Switch off your other peripheral devices such as printer etc. attached to computers when not in use.
Thinking that once digital files are lost, they can’t be recovered is unfair. Some of the digital files formats are BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and TIFF. Accidental deletion of deletion files put you in dilemma about how to recover those. Several software programs which promise to recover lost digital files. Here are some tips.
• Before clicking on an empty button, twice check your recycle bin for your files, which might have moved mistakenly.
• This is common method of performing “search” operation if you have lost the track of your files.
• Opt for image recovery software, it precisely runs search for your particular extension files, rather than displaying unnecessary pictures & would be easy to select lost files.
• Choose those kind of software’s which comes with preview option; this will save you from hard work by displaying your selection of files. Choose an advanced level of software offering a thumbnail view to make your task easier.
• As said that taking precaution is always better than cure, ensure to take a backup of your digital files.
• By separating other documents & digital files it reduces the risk of accidental loss of files.
Lost all your stored data? The simplest method of disaster recovery is by taking a backup of all your data on to a magnetic device. These tapes are non volatile and have a long life.
The easiest ways of tape rotation will be to take backups every day or even take incremental backups that way you can save space as well wear and tear of the tapes.
The three most common ways of tape rotations are:
*Grandfather – Father – Son (GFS):
This is very commonly used as it is very secure. Monthly backups are taken and called “grandfather”, weekly backups are called “father” and daily backups taken are called “son”. Grandfather and Father are stored offsite whereas “son” is stored onsite.
A backup for everyday of the week and an incremental backup every Monday is taken and stored offsite.
*Tower of Hanoi
Most complex and secure tape rotation method and results in confusion.
Have a tape rotation system to keep all your data safe.
All of us take precautions and protect ourselves from identity thefts online with our online checking account. But how about staying safe from offline threats?
Offline methods of fraud are perhaps the most dangerous and people get a lot of information from those things that we throw away as trash. Your credit card receipts and bank account statements that you throw away are a wealth of information for people who want to use it against you. Protect yourself from this by the simple means of using a shredder.
Always take care of your credit cards and keep them safe especially while shopping or traveling. While entering your pin in an ATM always look over your shoulder.
And while on the phone be very careful as no financial institution calls you and asks you card details over the phone. Think twice before you answer to these queries and always verify it with the institution. Better be safe than sorry.
All of us have experience with blue screen error, it pops out of nowhere and your computer crashes. It can really be a hindrance especially as it happens randomly and you lose all your unsaved data.
Blue screen errors are caused by the following reasons:
*Running more than 10 programs at the same time.
*A problem with your windows registry may also be a reason.
If the problem is the former, try not to run so many programs at the same time as your RAM cannot handle all of it at the same time.
In case of the latter clean your registry with repair software that you can download online. Cleaning your registry will remove all unwanted and corrupt programs from your computer. This will show a marked reduce in the occurrence of blue screen errors.
Give this a try. Get rid of the errors and increase the performance of your computer.
Download taking too long? It might be irritating to have download speed that is sluggish as it takes a lot of time that can otherwise be used productively.There are a few ways by which you can increase your download speed so that things become faster.
*First of all check your ISP and change the subscription if necessary. If you are using a basic connection (Dial up) then you can change it to broadband as it includes DSL and the speed may increase accordingly.
* If you plan on downloading multiple files the time taken may increase so make sure you prioritize and download files that are the most important first
*Clean your windows registry by using windows registry cleaner software. This will close all unnecessary programs and removes corrupt entries as well as taking backups.
This more than most other things will help to improve your download speed. So go ahead and enjoy an internet connection that is faster.
Shutting down the PC time and again can damage it in the long run. However, keeping it on for the time period when you do not need it can shoot up your energy bill. So what can be done in this regard?
The best way to keep the computer away from damage and save energy bills is to use sleep mode. This is highly effective and a great alternative to shutting down the PC on a consistent basis. Shutting down the computer will not let you swiftly resume your work when you want to take a short break or want to indulge in some urgent work.
Sleep mode works towards switching your computer to low energy. This helps you in leaving your applications and files open when you are not using it. This helps in resuming your work after sometime. You can easily start sleep mode using the shutdown menu on your PC.
Digital cameras can make special moments of your life memorable by capturing them forever. These cameras have become an integral part of everyone’s life. Special care should be taken to maintain these cameras in their fittest condition. This will help you enhance their durability and performance level.
There are several tips you can follow in this condition. Here are some tips to help you understand how to take care of your digital camera:
It is advisable to clean your camera each time you use. A muslin cloth will be apt for this task.
• Clean the Lens
This is the most sensitive part of a digital camera. Take special precautions while cleaning it. Use fiber cloth to ensure safe and effective cleaning.
• Sunlight protection
This is very important. You should keep the digital camera away from direct sunlight to avoid problems or serious damage.
• Carry Case
When carrying the camera, use a safe protective case. This will avoid damage from accidental falling or jerks.
Power tooth brushes have become very popular these days. These are actually battery operated tooth brushes that helps user to enjoy a fantastic teeth brushing experience every morning. These tooth brushes are widely available online these days. You can buy one to experience the fascinating features these power toothbrushes come equipped with.
These tooth brushes can run for about 2 long weeks without any requirements of recharging. This is an amazing feature. These tooth brushes are available with powerful portable rechargeable batteries. The feature is highly useful for you especially if you are planning to go out on a trip.Most of the power tooth brushes have 2 minute timer. This facilitates the user to how long they require brushing their teeth exactly for good health. The feature allows for efficient teeth cleaning. Power tooth brushes are available with many brushing modes. This offers fantastic choice to users to keep their teeth in a healthy state.